by pieces of moments
It’s been another busy stretch, meeting Grant Achatz, interviewing Eric Whitacre, Hila Plitmann, and Seth Boustead, trying to catch glimpses of the ever erudite Peter Sellars who is currently in town, brainstorming, and playing/inventing the new parlour game sure to sweep musical living rooms across the nation: Eric Satie Charades*.
- My dear, dear, friends and former classmates in A Far Cry have some very exciting news
- Speaking of A Far Cry…go check out their Jordan Hall concert on March 31st!!! (and read my notes ahead of time to be all caught up)
- I love listening to Peter Sellars…always interesting, and I’m looking forward to Hercules this week
- This Onion article…um, ghost writer?
- Google’s new Art Project is awesome
- I’m really curious to read this as I enjoyed her story in the New Yorker last summer
- I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. THIS.
- I got into a…um..very impassioned argument with a stranger on the train who said in his (very loud) ongoing conversation: “all new music is bad.” (!!!)
- Have to see this before it leaves the theaters
- What a good idea
- Having taken the Acela many times…yeah…that would be annoying
- If this track is any indication, the new Fleet Foxes is going to be outstanding
- If you are going to be at SXSW, be sure to check out Gabriel Prokofiev’s showcase on Friday, March 18th beginning at 7pm in the Velveeta Room
. . .
*How to play:
Have one person read the instructions, first in French, than in English, from a glossary of Eric Satie’s performance annotations…improvise at an instrument accordingly.